Chicken is such a wonderfully versatile meat that can be prepared in so many different ways. For this post, I´ve chosen “Roast chicken with honey-drizzled vegetables”, a simple, one-pot recipe where the chicken juices mingle with the vegetables and, together with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey, create a delicious-tasting, hearty meal.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, sliced in half and chopped
- 1 small courgette, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 4 chicken quarters
- 10 baby potatoes (left whole)
- a couple of healthy glugs of balsamic vinegar
- a healthy glug of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 or 4 large spoonfuls of honey
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Centigrade.
- Chop all of the vegetables into 1.5 cm pieces, except for the potatoes.
- Place the chicken quarters, surrounded by the vegetables, into a large baking tray.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar and olive oil over all of the ingredients.
- Drizzle the honey over both the chicken and vegetables.
- Season the dish well.
- Place in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Baste the chicken and vegetables well then replace in the oven for a further 40 minutes.
- When cooked, cover with foil and leave to rest for 20 minutes.
- Serve, with a generous helping of the delicious juices.
If you like this dish, why not try my Spiced Chicken Tagine recipe?