What better comfort food than spicy minced beef quesadillas? They make a perfect dinner for those chilly winter evenings and are also great as a snack for the whole family.
The flavours of spicy beef and melting cheese are simply irresistable!
- 1.5 onions, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 kg minced beef
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp smoked chipotle chili paste
- 200 g tomato paste (“frito”)
- 250 g soft cheese, grated
- 6 tortilla wraps
- Splash a large glug of olive oil to a pan and fry the onions and garlic until the onions are soft.
- Add the minced beef to the pan and fry until brown.
- Add the cumin, chipotle paste and tomato paste, mix well and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Dribble a little oil into a small (tortilla wrap-sized) frying pan and, when hot, place a wrap in the pan, gently pressing it down to ensure that the wrap browns all over.
- When the wrap is golden brown on the underside, cover one half with the beef mix, then scatter generously with cheese. Ensure the cheese goes to the edge of the wrap.
- Fold the wrap in half and push it gently against the edge of the pan, to ensure the cheese melts.
- Serve, cut in half, with a fresh tomato salsa.
If you like this spicy minced beef quesadillas recipe, why not try my Bobotie recipe?